Decatur County Courthouse
Cecilia Willis
Clerk of Superior Court, Decatur County Georgia
Home Page Jurors The Courts Our Services Useful Links Contact Us
Passport Information  

A passport application can be either picked-up from the Clerk of Court's office or downloaded from . The application can be filled-out but cannot be SIGNED except in the presence of the Deputy Clerk or another Clerk of Court staff member designated to witness the signature of the applicant. The status of a passport application can also be checked at the Web site listed above. Further instructions for applying for a passport once the application has been filled out are as follows:
  • Bring unsigned passport application to the Clerk of Court office along with one 2 inch by 2 inch (2" X 2") passport photos and a certified copy of applicant's birth certificate, one with a raised seal on it.
  • The clerk in charge of processing the application will need to make a copy of the applicant's driver's license and will collect the passport fees, which are as follows: for adults 16 years of age or older, the regular passport fee is $135.00 For applicants under the age of 16, the fee is $105.00.
  • The Passport Card for an adult is $55.00 and for applicants under the age of 16, the fee is $40.00.
  • Should you find it necessary to expedite the processing of your passport, the fee to expedite is $60.00 per passport and $14.85 for the overnight delivery return.
  • Certified copy of your birth certificate with seal from your State or Counties' birth registrar. Sorry but hospital birth records will not be accepted, it has to be from the official birth registrar.
  • One passport photo, locally (Bainbridge) these can be purchased at CVS or Walgreens.
  • A completed application. Wait to sign in front of the agent. Bring photo ID such as drivers license. If the child is under the age of 18, both parents must be present along with the child to sign the application. Parents will need to bring their driver's license as proof of identification.
  • If you are a naturalized citizen, bring your original naturalization papers.
  • If you have an expired passport, bring that with you also. It can be used in lieu of a certified birth certificate. If you have lost it, you may be required to fill out a short statement concerning the lost passport.
  • If your passport is expired and you still have it and it is less than fifteen years old, you can renew by mail without going thru us and you save $25. We have those applications available in the office and will be happy to give you one.